Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Ol' Paella Flock


Yeah I know...5 months of not blogging...ludicrous. Don't worry I'll make it up to you. Can we move on now?

ESPANA!! This crazy gringo (half Latina gringo) has decided to get the hell out of LA for a while and move to Madrid. In 3 weeks. I believe they call it "trece semanas". In 3 weeks I will be crossing the ocean making my journey into the new world that will encompass me.

Do I speak Spanish??? Nope. I'm learning....Rosetta don't fail me! And my slang book teaches me how to say "yeah i chain-smoke like a whore in the slammer" (si, fumo uno tras otro como puta encarcelada) which I'm hoping helps me get by....

So here's the deal. I've been wanting to live in Spain for nearly 10 years. It's always been on the brain. I got serious about it a few years ago until that crazy dentist I was dating talked me out of it (it's a good thing he's an ex)....and alas, the desire is back and badder than ever. So??? One of my biggest beliefs about living the good life is NO REGRETS...and quite frankly, I would never talk to myself again if I didn't explore this desire....so here I am. F**k it...I'll be ok.

I took a trip to Spain a couple of months ago, and it was as if the road was effortlessly cleared for me....go to Spain! was everywhere....the people I met and the opportunity that came in such a short amount of time. It was an avalanche. I now have friends there that already feel close, a place to live, and strong will to help me find a job. What the hell kind of job will I do over there when I don't speak Spanish? Bartend at an Irish pub of course. People speak English at Irish Pubs...plus I know how to say "Andate a cantar tus pavadas a la ramera que te parlo!" (Go try your bullshit on the hooker that spawned you), so I should be able to hold my own just fine in a foreign country.

Yes I'm freaking out. But I'm also very excited. I don't know what will happen in Spain. I might hate it. I might never move back to the US. Sure the unknown is scary...but that unknown also gets me so high. That's living. You may not know the reasons for doing something...you just know you need to do it....so....bye bye LA and hello Madrid.

Most likely this is going to be quite an adventure. There are so many directions this can go in...so you should stay tuned. Why no video today??? Because. I'm planning on filming a boat-load in Spain...and my little Sony just isn't cutting it. On top of my "Spain to-do" list is to get a new camera (HD woohoo!) so just hang on...patience is a virtue.

Thanks for sticking with me....you don't need to hold my hand, but it feels good that you're here...because I have no idea what the hell is going to happen once I get to Spain....

Oh and please help me out...11 followers??? I'm a little embarrassed....it's time to get a serious following....so please feel free to tell your homies to follow me and my crazy ways....thanks guys.

~your wanderer


1 comment:

  1. To my favorite chain-smoking-whore. Best of luck and love ya lots. Charles

    ReplyDelete