Sunday, February 27, 2011

I did it...I finally moved to Spain!

Hola everyone,

Well roughly 10 years in the making, I finally got the courage to up and move to Spain. Madrid baby! What a city...what a culture....absolutely loving it. But I'm not on vacation!! This is now my new home. And this has been an interesting adjustment....

A. I don't speak Spanish
B. I need to find a job (not very easy for Americans to do this...the right way ;) )
C. But I'm in Spain so all I want to do is try different foods and drink cafe con leche and vino!
But alas, need to create the usual "day to day" for myself here...find a job, learn the language, and continue my career as a travel show host....AND enjoy food, coffee, and wine....balance.
So here's a glimpse into my first couple of weeks in Madrid. This consisted of a lot of walking...need to learn my new city!...and while doing this, dropping off my resume to as many bars in the tourist zone as possible (since I'm just starting to learn Spanish and can get away with speaking English at such places). I figured a bartending job would be best...have my days to work on my other projects, can meet cool people, and can still practice my Spanish....
Two weeks in....still no luck....well, I can only do so much in a day......I put the effort in every day, and of course, reward myself with some Spanish cafe/cerveceria action. Tapas? Yes please. Cafe con leche? Si si. Vino? Do you really need to ask? But another challenge I've faced in this city...which one to choose??!

Salud :)



No comments:

Post a Comment